Improved Navigation and Presentation
- Multiple Encodings
- The new browser supports multiple file encodings.
It is now especially possible to read and edit UTF8 encoded files.
- Embedded Console-Terminal Application
- Embedded Archive viewer (Unix Version Only)
- Bookmarks for heavily visited directories
- Allows for much faster navigation through the file system.
- History for directories and edited files
- Keep track of which files were edited.
- Support for tags
- Extracts tags for various file types and displays a tag-list for quick navigation within a file.
For this, the output of a standard tags program (tags, ctags) or a builtin tag generator can be used.
In addition to C, C++ and Java which are supported by the ctags program,
the builtin generator handles source files for Smalltalk, Lisp/Scheme, Python,
Ruby, Makefiles, HTML files and many others.
- Erase File
Prevents security relevant files (cryptographic keys) from beeing uncovered by "undelete" utilities.
(See also in "HowTo - Erasing Files").
- Copy and Move file operations.
- Split and Join files.
- More file search operations.
- Files can be searched by name, contents or a combination.
- File system maintenance support operations.
- Search for duplicate files etc.
This is especially useful when merging directory hierarchies;
for example, to find duplicate source-, documentation- or
bitmap image files.
- Comparing Files.
Next: The Main Menu
Copyright © 2002 eXept Software AG, all rights reserved
Doc $Revision: 1.1 $ $Date: 2003/03/31 08:35:51 $