This view lists the contents of the current directory. Depending on
the setting of the short/long list flag, either only the filenames or
the complete files attributes are shown.
Depending on the setting of the show/hide hidden files flag,
hidden files (those beginning with '.') are either shown
This popup menu offers functions that operate on the selected item(s) in the file
Notice, that multiple selections are possible - if you hold down the
"SHIFT>" key while clicking on an item,
items will be added or removed from the selection.
The functions are:
- starts another fileBrowser on the current directory,
or in the selected directory.
- Get contents
- same as double click; shows the contents of the
currently selected file in the contents view.
- Insert contents
- inserts the contents of the
currently selected file into the contents view at the current text cursor position.
- loads the selected file(s) into the system.
If the selected file is a Smalltalk source file,
it must contain valid Smalltalk expressions
in fileOut-format (chunk file format).
If the file is a dll containing a compiled Smalltalk class library,
all of its containing classed are loaded
after any prerequisite packages (as specified in the package's
ProjectDefinition class) have been loaded.
- New Directory...
- create a new (empty) directory.
- New File...
- create a new (empty) file.
- New Hard Link...
- create a hard link (unix only).
- New Symbolic Link...
- create a symbolic (soft) link.
- remove the currently selected file(s) and/or
directory(s). A dialog will ask for confirmation.
- rename the selected file(s) or directory(s).
A dialog will ask for the new name.
- Tools - OS Command... (Shell/DOS Command...)
- allows execution of any unix(dos) command; a popup
box allows input of the command.
The output of the command is inserted in the contents view
at the cursor position.
- Tools - Changes Browser
- opens a change browser on the selected (smalltalk-source-) file.
Notice, that the file-format for changeFiles, st-sourceCode and visualWorks
parcel source files (pst-files) is the same and understood by the changesBrowser.
- reread the directory and update the file list.
This function is normally not needed, since
the fileBrowser checks for modifications
current directory in regular intervals, updating
the list automatically.
However, a manual update may be needed in certain
(for example, if the time/dates are out of sync
between NFS hosts) or if you do not want to wait
for the next automatic update.
Doc $Revision: 1.13 $ $Date: 2014/06/05 16:13:04 $