This field shows the current directories (absolute) path name.
It is also an input field, to type in a new directory - the browser will change
to the entered directory when the return-Key is hit in the field.
Notice, that the field allows for fileName-completion (Tab-Key).
The path field has its own popup menu, which is activated by pressing the
middle button (or the right button, if you own a 2-button mouse).
The functions of this menu are also available
via the "Directory" pull-down menu item.
This menu provides functions concerning the current path:
- copy the current pathname into the cut & paste buffer.
This is useful if you want to paste the full pathname into some other textview
- change to the parent directory.
This has the same effect as double-clicking on the
- opens a box to enter the name of a directory to change to.
Like every other fileBox, the box performs filename completion with the "TAB" key.
Notice, that all fileBrowsers keep a common history of already visited
directories; therefore, you do not have to enter the name
of a recently visited directory again.
- change back to the previous directory.
- change to your default directory; that is the directory where stx was started originally.
- change to your home directory.
- A submenu for bookmark managemen and
quick goto items for bookmarked directories.
- The last menu entries allow a quick change back to recently visited
directories. To avoid ever growing menus, only the last few directories (15)
are shown in the history list.
Doc $Revision: 1.13 $ $Date: 2014/06/05 16:17:59 $